Sunday, August 17, 2008

Thing 12

I can see myself never coming away from the computer by just exploring these social media sites. Power to the people seems to be the way the top sites are posted. The Diggit site felt like a familiar set up for other social networking sites. Newsvine felt more like going to a news site like BBC.

I can see why these sites would be helpful. You can see some of the current topics of interest and keep up with popular news articles. I think the students at school would find these sites of interest because they can input on what is on the website.

I knew these sites existed but I had never visited them before. I am not sure if they are productive in say a research sense but it gives you several perspectives on the world with being able to see others comments.

No comments: